The Town needs your input about plans for its next leadership conference to educate interested community members about Town government and services.
When these conferences have been held in the past (the last one was in 2019) they received rave reviews. Participants get a behind-the-scenes look at how the Town serves residents, visitors, and businesses, and how Town government works. Past participants had this to say:
- I liked the special tours at all of the stops on the field trips. I had been to all of the places except the historical cottage and yet I learned so much at each stop.
- The variety and breadth of experiences provides a superb overview of what FMB has to offer.
- The emphasis on how to access different services, individuals and locations was extremely helpful.
- EVERYONE on FMB should take this conference!
- It really instilled a feeling of pride for our community and a desire to be a good steward of our island.
Tentative plans are for the 2022 conference to have four to six sessions. Participants will be introduced to Town Councilors and staff, departments and committees, facilities, services, and functions.
Field trips to locations that the Town operates - Bay Oaks Recreational Campus, Mound House, Newton Beach Park, Mooring Field, Bayside Park - as well as sessions about emergency services and environmental services are planned.
Thanks for taking the survey. Watch for more details about the conference (and how to sign up!) in the months ahead.