At the Monday, March 15, Town Council meeting, Councilors recommended selection of members for a community stakeholder group to guide the Estero Boulevard lighting study approved at a previous meeting.
The Town has contracted with Redd, Inc., DBA as Town Lighting Engineers, for the study.
Stakeholder group members are to include:
- Town staff and advisory board committee members
- Lee County staff
- Representatives from Turtle Time, Inc.
- Representatives from the Fort Myers Beach Chamber of Commerce
- Hotelier or vacation rental property manager
- Staff of the FMB Fire Department and the Lee County Sheriff's Office
- Two members of the public
Click here to read about the need to balance safe traffic lighting along Estero Boulevard with sea turtle-friendly lighting.