The milling operation is constantly moving requiring barricades, construction signs and flaggers to move with the milling operation. Moving these items takes time and slows the flow of traffic. Crews continue work to improve the traffic flow in each direction; however, motorists should allow for extra travel time.
Once the milling operation is complete and installation of the waterlines begins (expected Monday, August 3 in Crew 1 area and Wednesday, August 5 in Crew 2 area – see below), crews will work in a more condensed area. The “active” work zone (requiring one flagged travel lane) will be roughly 400 to 500 feet for each crew and traffic flow is expected to improve.
Below is the anticipated construction outlook for Estero Boulevard. This schedule is subject to change depending upon underground conditions and inclement weather.
Crew 1 – between Crescent Street and Carolina Avenue
· Friday, July 31 - Milling is scheduled to be complete today. Crew 1 will start installing well points for dewatering so they can dig the trench.
· Saturday, August 1 – Crew 1 will continue install well points. NO lane closures are expected on Saturday.
· Beginning Monday, August 3 – Crew 1 will begin digging and installing pipe.
Crew 2 – between Pearl Street and Lovers Lane
· Friday, July 31 - Milling is scheduled to be complete today. Crew 2 will start installing well points for dewatering so they can dig the trench.
· Monday, August 3 – Crew 2 will mill asphalt.
· Tuesday, August 4 – Crew 2 will finish milling. Crew 2 will install well points for dewatering so they can dig the trench.
· Beginning Wednesday, August 5 – Crew 2 will begin digging and installing pipe.
The reFRESH Waterlines project is necessary as existing water infrastructure is a mixture of materials from different time periods dating back to the 1950s. These water mains are reaching the end of their life expectancy. The new water system will be more reliable and will handle existing and increased demand while maintaining acceptable pressure.
Visit the website at www.reFRESHFMBeach.com and click on “reFRESH Waterlines” for construction information as it becomes available. You may sign up on the website to receive emails about the project. If you have questions or concerns during construction, please contact the reFRESH Waterlines public information officer, Kaye Molnar, Cella Molnar & Associates, Inc. at 239-337-1071 or via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.