News Flash Home
The original item was published from 3/13/2023 1:42:42 PM to 4/29/2023 12:00:03 AM.

News Flash


Posted on: March 13, 2023

[ARCHIVED] IMPORTANT Steps to Register RV on Your Property

RV and Temporary Power Pole


Step 1:   A “Temporary Use Permit” must be issued prior to placement of these vehicles.  For more information and to apply for Temporary Use Permit, visit the Temporary Use Permit page by clicking on the orange sand dollar icon at the Town homepage (, or by visiting the following direct link:

When applying for a temporary use permit you must provide a simple site sketch showing the proposed location and orientation on the site.  

Step 2:  Temporary electric and plumbing connections must be secured within 14 calendar days of being issued a Temporary Use Permit. After verifying the availability of temporary power with FPL, and prior to installing a temporary power pole or plumbing connections, your contractor must obtain a “trade permit” for the electrical and plumbing connections through the IWorQ online permitting system at  Enter “temporary electric pole” in the “Scope of Work” line of the trade permit application.  

Step 3: After having been issued both the Temporary Use Permit and the Trade Permit, arrange with your contractor(s) to have the temporary electric and plumbing connections completed. To finalize and close the trade permit, a building code inspection of the electrical and plumbing connections must be completed by the Town. After the electrical and plumbing connections are completed, request a building code inspection for your trade permit through the IWorQ online permitting system at

Upon passing the electrical and plumbing inspections, Florida Power & Light (FPL) will be notified to activate electrical service to the temporary power pole.

Facebook Twitter Email