Several important things are happening during the week of March 6, 2023, related to recovery from Hurricane Ian in the Town of Fort Myers Beach.
- FP&L may start construction on underground lines Monday morning in Times Square to restore electricity. Their activities may restrict access to businesses on the beach side of Times Square. Some of the pavers in Times Square will be taken out and parts of Times Square may be unavailable to the public while this construction is under way. Construction is anticipated to last three days.
- Lee County is reopening Lynn Hall Park on Saturday, March 4, 2023, to include parking areas. Parking fees will be waived by Lee County at Lynn Hall Park until further notice. Other Lee County Parks in the Town – Bowditch Point and Crescent Beach – remain closed.
- FMB parking is now open at some beach accesses in addition to areas in the Downtown District wherever signs are installed. Fees are being charged and enforced by the Town. Fees are payable through the Town’s parking app vendor, www.ppprk.com. Learn more about parking in the Town by visiting PARKING
- The Town’s sign ordinances remain in place that prohibit signs of certain sizes and in certain places. Permits are still required for signs. Fines are possible if the ordinance is violated. To read the ordinance, visit TOWN ORDINANCES. Click on the codified ordinances link in the first paragraph and scroll down to Chapter 30-SIGNS. To apply for a sign permit, go to the dark blue sand dollar on the homepage of the Town website labeled PERMITTING, click on “Building Services Applications and Forms”, and scroll down to “SIGNS”.
- Town Council will hold its regular meeting at 9 a.m. on Monday, March 6, at DiamondHead Resort, 2000 Estero Boulevard. The agenda is on the Town’s website at Meetings & Agendas. Click on the title “Town Council March 6, 2023” in the box.
- Town Council’s regular Management and Planning meeting will be at 9 a.m. on Thursday, March 9, at DiamondHead Resort. The agenda is on the Town’s website at Meetings & Agendas. Click on the title “Management & Planning Session” in the box.
- A Joint session of Town Council and the Local Planning Agency will be held after the Management and Planning session on Thursday, March 9. The agenda is on the Town’s website at Meetings & Agendas. Click on the title “Joint Session- Town Council with Local Planning Agency (LPA)” in the box.
Town Council meetings can be viewed live and recorded on the Town’s YouTube channel.