1) Town Council will hold its regular meeting on Monday, Feb. 6, 2023, at 9 a.m. at DiamondHead Resort, 2000 Estero Boulevard. Watch on the Town's YouTube channel if you can't be there in person.
2) The Permitting Desk has added a public computer and scanner to the receptionist’s area at the Town Hall complex at 2545 Estero Boulevard. Members of the public are welcome to use these to complete applications for permits or other Town business.
3) The permitting process for
special events has re-opened. Permits are now required for any public event that an organization would like to hold in the Town, including parades, concerts, festivals, fairs, markets, etc. For information and the application, visit the Town’s website at www.fmbgov.com
> Doing Town Business > Community Development > Community Development Applications & Forms > Special Events. Email email@example.com with questions.
4) Although Matanzas Pass Mooring Field remains closed, the Town completed the construction of 19 additional moorings west of Matanzas Pass Bridge which will accommodate vessels up to 85 feet in length. These moorings added to the Town's current 70 bring the total for the entire Mooring Field to 89. This project was in process before Hurricane Ian. The closure of the field due to the storm provided the opportunity for it to be completed. Watch the Town’s social media outlets and website for information about when Mooring Field will re-open.
5) Portable public restrooms, 10 total, have been placed in Times Square and at the Palm Avenue Beach Access. One accessible bathroom is at each of those locations.