Marine Resources Task Force
The Marine Resources Task Force exists to promote stewardship of marine resources. This includes stopping further damage and rehabilitating Estero Bay and its surrounding waters, wildlife, plant life, and air and water quality. The Task Force's purpose also involves bringing Estero Bay and its surrounding waters and the Estero Island shoreline to the point that they will continue to be the driving force of the Town's economy. The goal is to sustain the quality of life in cooperation with all whose livelihoods or lifestyles depend upon the health of Estero Bay.
A general poster advising residents and visitors of "Dos and Don'ts" is available here. The Marine Resources Task Force has also developed a "Guide to the Town of Fort Myers Beach Beachfront Ordinances & Regulations for Visitors & Residents." A copy of this brochure can be found here. Additionally, copies of this brochure can be found at Town Hall and at various locations on Fort Myers Beach. Information about Estero Bay "Pole and Troll" seagrass protection areas is available here.
The committee meets on the second Wednesday of every month at 3 p.m. at Town Hall.
**Meetings are subject to change. Please refer to the agendas posted on this website.**
- Steve Johnson, Chair - Term Expires: October 2022
- Gregory Fossum, - Term Expires: October 2021
- Renee Jeffreys Heil - Term Expires: October 2022
- Rose Larkin - Term Expires: October 2022
- Jennifer Rusk - Term Expires: October 2022
- Mary Rose Spalletta - Term Expires: October 2021
- Wendy DeGaetano - Term Expires: October 2021
- Robert Howell, ex-officio - Term Expires: October 2021
Town Council Liaison