Watch the Tuesday Oct. 11, 2022, Hurricane Ian recovery update from FMB Mayor Ray Murphy
For the FMB registered contractors list mentioned click on: https://www.fortmyersbeachfl.gov/971/Building-Services
To reach the Building, Permits and Inspections staff or to send copies of structural or electrical inspections, use email address buildingpermits@FMBgov.com
Use following link for FAQ's: https://www.fortmyersbeachfl.gov/DocumentCenter/View/19620/FAQ-Additions-Oct-12
- How does a contractor get registered with the Town of Fort Myers Beach?
- How do I access existing permit information on the Town website?
- How do I apply for a building permit?
- What are the procedures for debris removal?
- Can I put a tarp on my roof and is there help available?
- Can I occupy a structure and/or connect electric service?
- Is there a recommended or approved list of engineers or contractors available?
- Does the professional engineer or electrical contractor need to be licensed in Florida?
- How can I verify that someone holds an active license as an engineer or electrical contractor in the State of Florida?
- What is the “50% rule” for substantial improvement or substantial damage?
- Where can I get more information regarding Substantial Improvement/Substantial Damage (the 50% rule)?
- What is the Base Flood Elevation (BFE) and what is freeboard?
- How do I find the assessed value of my structure and calculate my total cost of proposed construction work?
- What requires a building permit?
- What does not require a permit?
- Do you have any tips for rebuilding?