Operational adjustments in the Town of FMB
Several operational adjustments have occurred or are planned in Fort Myers Beach as the Town continues to recover from the damage caused by Hurricane Ian. The Town took a direct hit from Ian, a category four hurricane, on Sept. 28, 2022.
- The Permitting Desk has added a public computer and scanner to the receptionist’s area at the Town Hall complex at 2545 Estero Boulevard. Members of the public are welcome to use these to complete applications for permits or other Town business. Assistance is provided if needed. A wealth of updated information about permitting can be found on the Town’s website at www.fmbgov.com. Click on the dark blue sand dollar on the homepage. An extensive document of frequently asked questions is regularly updated on the website.
- The permitting process for special events has re-opened. Permits are now required for any public event that an organization would like to hold in the Town, including parades, concerts, festivals, fairs, markets, etc. For information and the application, visit the Town’s website at www.fmbgov.com > Doing Town Business > Community Development > Community Development Applications & Forms > Special Events. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
- Although Matanzas Pass Mooring Field remains closed, the Town completed the construction of 19 additional moorings west of Matanzas Pass Bridge which will accommodate vessels up to 85 feet in length. These moorings added to the Town's current 70 bring the total for the entire Mooring Field to 89. This project was in process before Hurricane Ian. The closure of the field due to the storm provided the opportunity for it to be completed. Watch the Town’s social media outlets and website for information about when Mooring Field will re-open.
- Residents, visitors and business owners are reminded that open containers of alcoholic beverages are not permitted to be carried or consumed in any public area of the Town, including the Beach, Times Square, sidewalks, parking lots, etc.
- Portable public restrooms, 10 total, have been placed in Times Square and at the Palm Avenue Beach Access. One accessible bathroom is at each of those locations.
PLEASE NOTE: The Town Hall complex at 2545 Estero Boulevard will be closed on President's Day, Monday, February 20, 2023, for the national holiday.