- Doing Town Business
- Town Manager
At the April 17, 2023, Town Council meeting, Councilors approved a contract with Andrew Hyatt to become the new Town Manager of Fort Myers Beach. He began work on Monday, May 1, 2023.
Andy has more than 26 years of management and leadership experience in both the private and public sectors, with 18 of those years in municipal government and 13 years as a Town or City manager. His experience has been gained in municipalities throughout Florida and Tennessee. Andy's experience includes administrator roles in Jacksonville, Deerfield Beach, and Neptune Beach in Florida, and East Ridge, Fairview, and Etowah in Tennessee. He was also the Texas State Director for K9s for Warriors in San Antonio, Texas.
Most recently, Andy was the Town Manager for Surfside, Florida. He led Surfside through the aftermath of the Champlain Towers South Building collapse in 2021. This catastrophic event captured the attention of the world and resulted in the deaths of 90 people.
Andy has an Associate’s degree in general business from Cleveland State Community College in Cleveland, Tenn. From the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga, he has a Bachelor’s degree in political science and a Master’s degree in public administration. He earned credentials in city management through the International City Manager Association (ICMA) in January of 2019, and is certified in the National Incident Management System (NIMS).
- The implementation and enforcement of policies and ordinances adopted by the Town Council
- Developing a Town government that represents the needs of the community and provides quality, cost-effective services to the public
- Acting as a conduit for individuals and groups to access the Town Council
- Recruitment and selection of Town employees
- Development of personnel policies
- The Town's compensation plan
- Coordinates the provision of services to residents
- Works to improve intergovernmental relationships
- Asserts a leadership role in the community