Temporary Placement Permit

Temporary Placement Permit allows temporary trailers and structures on properties while rebuilding 

This pertains to Manufactured homes, mobile homes, RV's, other temporary residential dwellings, movable commercial units 

To expedite the rebuilding process for residents impacted by Hurricane Ian and invest back into the local economy, the Town is allowing property and business owners to apply for permits for recreational vehicles, mobile homes, trailers, retail stores, or food trucks to be placed on their properties. 


  1.  Completed and approved Temporary Placement Permit application
  2.  Map or other documentation indicating the proposed location of the manufactured home, mobile home, motor home, recreational vehicle, or other temporary residential unit
  3. Temp power and sewer connection must be permitted by submitting a Trade Permit Application. 


  1. The applicant must be the property owner/commercial tenant of the lot and the vendor must have a Lee County Tax-ID; or with the Town’s consent, have the permission of the property owner to operate at that location (permission must be supplied with registration form).
  2. All vehicles and structures must be completely on the lot and may not extend into the public right-of-way.
  3. Vehicles and structures placed on commercial lots must be setback by no less than the width of the vehicle/structure (i.e. track width) from any property line and not protrude into the right of way.
  4. Food Service Kitchens are permitted on their brick-and-mortar commercial site that is zoned for that type of activity.
    1. Other retail stores may not accommodate food trucks.
  5. Structures which are not on wheels must be tied-down on a stabilized surface or secured with appropriate helical piles, or other method to resist hydro-dynamic forces. 
  6. Vehicle and mobile home must be on wheels and be able to quickly disconnect utility connections and be removed from the property after a hurricane watch has been issued.


  1. The temporary unit shall be removed from the site within thirty (30) days after issuance of a certificate of occupancy or certificate of use associated with the approved permit, or at the time of the expiration of the TPP, whichever is earlier. TPP shall not be used for the purpose of placing and operating a Short Term Rental. 
  2. Within any Commercial, Institutional or Residential Zoning District, a TPP may be issued for the purposes of placing a manufactured home, mobile home, motor home, recreational vehicle, or other temporary unit for displaced owner-occupants or tenants if their existing living unit(s) has/have become uninhabitable due to adverse weather damage or other acts of God.

More details on the application:

Download the Temporary Placement Permit Application